I am looking forward to presenting this A.R.T. seminar, organised by Regina Curley & Sile Leech. At one time, Ireland was almost a second home to me, I spent many happy times in that lovely country.
I gave my first seminars there in the 1980s as Director of the International Institute of Reflexology.
Last September it was a great pleasure to give a presentation and a short workshop at the N.I.I.R. conference, in Mullingar, which was very well attended and organise
at Touchpoint school, Copenhagen
It was with great pleasure that I accepted an invitation to give two A.R.T. presentations for the Touchpoint School based in Copenhagen.
I have long admired the groundbreaking work of the founders, Dorthe Krogsgaard and Peter Lund Fransen. Their research combined with excellent presentations has revealed new levels and possibilities of Reflexology.
I was fortunate to be able to attend one of their summer classes a couple of years ago and found it to be very informative and very well presented. I recommend their courses to all seriously minded reflexologists.
My seminars in Ireland and Denmark will focus on the history and development of the A.R.T. techniques from the origins up to the present concepts, and how A.R.T. should be integrated with the classical methodology.
A few of the subjects at the seminars will include:
- Viewing the body as an electrical matrix, and how the constant changes in the electrical potential show up as variations of reflex textures (disturbances)
- The meaning of the painful reflex?
- What does a painful reflex indicate?
- What do the various types of 'texture' at the site of the reflex represent?
- The different types of reflex contact which can be used and the responses each of them produce.
- The use of the techniques in Endocrine, digestive, gynaecological, lymphatic conditions.
- Why shorter treatments can have more therapeutic benefits than longer ones.
- The use of lubrication:
- When used correctly and with specific techniques, lubrication can be of great, therapeutic benefit.
- There will be many other subjects included in the seminar.